Integrated Marketing Manager at Caribou Coffee
Brooklyn Center, MN
Position Mission: Manage the development of an integrated system-wide and market-specific marketing calendar in order to deliver traffic count and growth objectives. Work in partnership with Product Category Managers on timing for launch and promotion of new products in order to deliver ticket growth objectives.
• Support the development and execution of a comprehensive and integrated system-wide retail marketing calendar.
• Internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all aspects of retail store traffic.
•• Partner to create overarching traffic plan for the system.
•• Lead the creation of market/store-specific solutions that augment the system-wide plans to combat traffic challenges existing at the local level.
•• Provide weekly performance updates on traffic wins/challenges.
•• Ongoing analysis and knowledge of the state of traffic in the day-to-day business.
• Lead the RCM (Retail Calendar Meeting) process that communicates the integrated retail marketing strategy cross-functionally.
• Partner with Retail Operations in understanding challenges at the local level in order to come up with solutions that will drive the business.
• Partner with Brand Development & Communications to execute communication plans (media, PR, creative, etc.) to deliver the traffic and ticket goals in the plan.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of the marketing process and all disciplines necessary to create an integrated marketing plan – advertising, media, PR, social, etc.
• Strategic thinking.
• Project management and planning.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Entrepreneurial spirit - ability to take an analytical approach to uncover business challenges and react quickly with creative and right-sized solutions.
• Cross functional leadership and collaboration (builds trust with team/delegates and holds accountable for results).
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Problem solver.
• Business acumen and stewardship.
• Proven track record of creating and executing successful marketing campaigns at a system-wide and local level.
• Proven ability in managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
• Clear written and verbal communications.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
• Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or related field. Minimum 5 years of marketing experience in a retail or restaurant or marketing/advertising agency environment. Must have solid experience working with cross functional teams in bringing new and revised products to market including experience with marketing, operations, training, finance and purchasing. Process training (i.e. Six Sigma, LEAN) certification or training a plus.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted On: 09/21/2012