Frequently Asked Questions
What is SponsorPitch?
SponsorPitch is an online network that maps the behavior of, and relationships within, the $50 billion sponsorship industry, in the process providing thousands of active members with the research and relationships required to realize their professional potential.
Why should I upgrade my membership to Professional?
Upgrading from Basic to Professional allows you to send messages to other users, access SponsorPitch's sponsor database, search for sponsor investments using the Property Index, access the best jobs in the industry & more. In addition, by upgrading today you'll be locking in your unique subscription rate which rises fractionally with each additional member upgrade.
What are SPoints?
Our proprietary points system, based on your experience, knowledge and contributions to the network, indicates your expertise level. As you acquire more points, you'll earn earn new badges and have the opportunity to earn rewards!
How can I indicate what I'm looking to get out of the network?
It's important to let other members know what you're looking for and the best way to do this is through your networking interests. Consider your networking interests carefully as it will tell others what types of things you prefer to be contacted about. The more interests you provide, the more networking opportunities you will have access to.
Here is a quick glossary of the networking interests currently available to choose from:
- Sponsorship deals: I'm currently buying or selling sponsorship and I am interested in discussing potential sponsorship deals. Other users may contact me if they have researched my objectives prior to reaching out and believe that partnering may help me meet my goals.
- Career opportunities: I'm open to learning about new career opportunities. Recruiters and employers may contact me.
- Sponsor referrals: I'm open to both giving and receiving sponsor referrals from other members. For example, if you've worked with a brand in the past, I'd like to learn more about your experience so I can pitch them intelligently, and vice versa.
- Consulting offers: I'm willing to use my experience to consult for others. Feel free to send me consulting opportunities.
- New ventures: I'm interested in assisting or starting new companies and ventures.
- Expertise requests: I'm generally willing to share my expertise with others in the industry (mentor, advisor, etc.).
- Job Inquiries: I'm willing to share more about the company I work for through an information interview.
- Reference requests: If we've worked together in the past, I may be willing to provide a professional reference.
How do I customize my profile's URL?
You can personalize your SponsorPitch profile URL (web address) by choosing a unique username on the Account Settings page. Usernames are first come, first serve and will appear at the end of the your browser URL after "http://sponsorpitch.com/members/" when you view your profile page. The username you choose can only include only include alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9). No periods, commas, etc. Your real name will still appear on your profile. This will simply update the URL of your profile to make it more personal.
An example of a username is the phrase "soccerexpert". If this username is chosen, the user's profile will then appear at http://www.sponsorpitch.com/members/soccerexpert
How do I get my free, personalized sponsorship news update sent to me at the end of each day?
SponsorPitch's Daily Sponsorship Intelligence Brief is a free email that is sent to you at the end of each business day (5 PM EST) which keeps you informed on the sponsorship news, notes and activity that are of most interest to you.
The email includes sponsorship news that is personalized to your needs, as determined by the brands and people you are following on SponsorPitch.
In addition, the email lets you know of any new notifications (messages, recommendations, new followers) you may have received throughout the day.
To activate or deactivate this email, check the relevant box by going to Home > Account > Contact Settings.