Posted On: August 03, 2015
Responsible for pitching sponsorship ideas to companies, developing contracts, executing terms of contracts and providing sponsor partners with execution audits. Also works with external sponsorship agency to develop large-scale pitch list, proposals and complete execution. Manages sponsored athlete team from selection to contract and duties fulfillment including utilizing various marketing channels to leverage athlete relationships.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
1. Responsible for seamless execution of deliverables on all existing sponsorships.
2. Work with designated sponsorship agency to develop major sponsor pitch list and sponsorship decks to aid in pitching new partnerships.
3. Develop regional and endemic sponsor pitch list and develop revenue goals for new partnerships.
4. Executes service excellence through collaboration, coordination, and impeccable communication with current sponsors, potential sponsors.
5. Understand all marketing channels in order to understand current sponsor opportunities as they relate to these channels, brainstorm new opportunities and ensure calendaring and fulfillment of all agreed upon terms.
6. Work closely and cooperatively with operations and sign shop to determine creative sponsor placement opportunities and execution.
7. Ensure that all sponsor executions are in exceptional order throughout the season and make corrections/maintenance orders as needed.
8. Perform end of season sponsorship audits by sponsor agreement and deliver to sponsorship clients.
9. Utilizing budget guidelines, develop annual athlete roster.
10. Work with various channels of marketing and ski school to ensure that we are maximizing athlete appearance and name and likeness opportunities.
11. Work with athletes to ensure proper representation of Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows brand via attire, social marketing, presence at key events as agreed to in contract.
12. Audit athletes to ensure that all contract obligations are being fulfilled.
13. Schedule athlete appearances according to contract and various requests.
14. Ability to analyze resort demographic data in order to produce compelling argument for potential sponsors.
15. Maintain detailed financial records and work with accounting to ensure that we are receiving timely sponsor payments and are fulfilling athlete payments.
Education and Experience:
1. College degree in related field such as Business Administration or Recreation.
2. Two years of sales experience and basic understanding of the ski industry.
3. One year supervisory experience
1. Advanced skiing or snowboarding skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, see, hear, and ski. Must be capable of walking, standing and skiing 50% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of occasionally carrying, lifting. pushing or pulling up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will continuously be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will frequently be exposed to extreme cold, wetness and/or humidity, and occasionally blizzards and extreme storm conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Skis and/or Snowboard, basic office equipment.