Check Out CharityBuzz For A New Way To Fundraise
We're always on the look out for cool new services that might be able to help out our members. So when Carbon NYC recently asked us to offer up a summer internship for charity on fellow NYC-based startup, CharityBuzz.com, we were intrigued to learn more. Altruism aside, we could use an extra pair of hands this Summer!
CharityBuzz helps more than 1,000 nonprofits harness a new, collaborative method of fundraising by offering up one-of-a-kind experiences in sports, business, luxury and entertainment with 80% of the proceeds going to a designated charity and the other 20% going to CharityBuzz. We were sold and agreed to give it a try... auction item #305607. Funds from our auction, which started last week, will support arts education at Lincoln Center. We've already gotten one bid and hope to get more over the next couple of weeks so feel free to send it to anyone you think may be interested. Our auction ends May 22nd. Nothing compared to watching a University of Texas game with Matthew McConaughey and friends, but we'll do our best to give one lucky intern a good look into what makes SponsorPitch tick.
To date, CharityBuzz says it has raised more than $50 million for various charities. Entrepreneur.com recently summed it up like this:
"Scroll the pages of charitybuzz.com, an online auction site loaded with posh products and live-large opportunities, and you're sure to find something to covet among the hundreds of sports, fashion, business and celebrity experiences, as well as plenty of must-have memorabilia. And bidders can spend big, guilt-free: Every opp is auctioned off for charity."
At the height of Linsanity, CharityBuzz auctioned off a 5 minute meet and greet with Jeremy Lin for $42,000 with proceeds going to MSG's Garden of Dreams Foundation.