Funded By Sponsors, This Site Pays College Kids Each Week To Party
There's a new website out there that is paying college kids to do what they do best - throw parties. Through ThePartyFund.com, $100 grants are made every Wednesday night - when weekend party planning is in full swing - to student party planners at 10 campuses. The catch is, to get the $100 students have to accomplish certain pre-designated sponsor tasks the have been set-up by Party Fund and the sponsoring company. The start-up, which was founded a few months ago by venture NYC-based, Pulse Advisory, launched in October.
“It’s a way for brands to build a connection with students in both the digital and real world that is lasting and meaningful,” says Andrew Watson, Director of Partnerships at The Party Fund.
The website doesn't say much, but judging from what college blogs are saying (here, here and here), it seems sponsored party planning is in full swing. According to UNC's Daily Tar Heel, grants have gone out to students at Harvard University, Stanford University and UNC.
Here are the steps according to the ThePartyFund.com:
1. Sign up at www.thepartyfund.com.
2. Grants go live on Wednesdays at 11 p.m. EST.
3. Each grant has a simple task. Complete the task as soon as you can. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until all the grants are given away.
4. If you complete the task, you get the grant. (We'll let you know and follow up with more info).
5. Party up!
6. Just so we know that the party went down, take pictures with a sign like “This sponsor is awesome”
7. Upload the pics to Facebook like you normally would, and tag all of your friends, the sponsor, and The Party Fund.
8. Once we check everything out, you’ll get reimbursed via PayPal or check.
What do you think? Will Party Fund work?