Godin: Most Sponsorships Are A Screaming Bargain
Best-selling author, Seth Godin, took on the topic of corporate sponsorship this morning in his popular marketing blog. While acknowledging that sponsorship valuation is rarely easy, Godin writes that internal clarity of purpose is the most critical ingredient to sponsorship success. If you're clear about which of these five things you're shooting for, Godin writes that "most sponsorships are a screaming bargain compared to traditional media buys," particularly when trying to reach high-end audiences.
The five goals he outlines are abbreviated below, head over to sethgodin.typepad.com for a more detailed explanation on each.
1. It might be a substitute for advertising.
2. It might be a bragging rights thing.
3. It might be a chance to influence the organization being sponsored.
4. It might be a useful way to inspire and focus your internal organization.
5. It makes the CEO happy and earns the organization a seat at certain sorts of tables.