The Partnership Development Manager will be responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of sports sponsorships and external partnerships. This position maintains external relationships with key organizations, building partnership elements around community, including sports marketing partnerships fundamentals. In addition, this position will support public relations activities, serving as a brand ambassador in partnership with the Director of Public Relations & Public Affairs.
Responsible for building and overseeing sports marketing processes, including multi-year planning, development, execution, measurement, and communication.
1. Reviews and considers new partnership opportunities giving consideration to investment level, branding elements, ROI, business objectives and alignment to strategic objectives.
2. Establishes sponsorship objectives, strategy, and key tactics to meet and exceed business/brand goals and present recommendations to senior leadership.
3. Leads a cross functional team and agency partners in execution of sponsorship related programs/plans and partner effectively with stakeholders.
4. Establishes key performance indicators, measure, deliver and document results.
5. Executes sports marketing partnership management, fulfillment, scheduling, and contracts.
Acts as a corporate representative in the community for civic involvement and community events.
6. Executes of sports marketing elements, including overseeing advertising materials, tickets, signage, and displays.
1. Represents Raley’s at community events.
Evaluates proposals by external organizations seeking partnership opportunities with Raley’s.
2. Speaks on behalf of the company to convey Raley’s brand position and stance on certain issues.
1. Makes recommendations for partnership elements that are mutually beneficial.
2. Negotiates in good faith, budget and marketing and other partnership elements.
Promotes state and local participation in area Chambers of Commerce across all Raley’s territory to support involvement in legislative initiatives affecting the retail and grocery industry.
3. Executes all partnership elements, including marketing elements, including overseeing advertising materials, tickets, signage, and displays.
1. Supports store involvement with local Chamber of Commerce.
2. Develop best practices for building relationships with the Chamber of Commerce.
3. Supports Sacramento area Chamber of Commerce activities.
4. Attends monthly functions.
Responsible for developing and monitoring the department budget for all community partnerships and sports marketing.
Approves the distribution of Raley’s funds in alignment with brand positioning and budget.
Responsible for supporting the public relations strategy in partnership with the Director of Public Relations & Public Affairs. Help promote the Raley’s brand in the media and community.
5. Serves on a Chamber Board on behalf of Raley’s.
1. Develops and maintain relationships with the media, social media influencers and bloggers.
2. Secures and tracks proactive, positive PR for the brand.
3. Acts as a spokesperson for the company, guided by the Director of PR & Public Affairs.
4. Supports and grows the media savvy of subject matter experts at Raley’s, providing ongoing media training and coaching.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, Sports Business/Marketing or related
5 to 7 years in marketing, communications or related field. Four (4) years or more of experience in developing and executing sponsorship platforms, leading initiatives and working with cross-functional teams and agency partners on behalf of a brand. Experience in competitive analysis, advertising, or media management a plus.
Demonstrated knowledge of marketing methodologies and event planning practices. Demonstrated background in leading sports marketing partnerships.
Proven asset management skills with the ability to manage the development of core brand assets, and an understanding of how to articulate a brand vision and message through sponsorships.
Experience managing a corporate budget; ability to evaluate contingencies and make adjustments where necessary.
Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to deliver clear and concise marketing strategies and briefs to all organizational levels.
Ability to react quickly and calmly in high-pressure situations.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to consistently meet deadlines and coordinate details.
Must demonstrate the ability to be detailed orientated as well as possess excellent follow-through of event completion.
Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible with work projects and adjust priorities as management deems necessary.
Must demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Ability to establish positive rapport with individuals and groups and represent Raley’s in a positive manner to outside vendors and community agencies.